Published date: 22 November, 2017
HomeNet Nepal (HNN) is a national level network of Membership Based Organizations of Urban Working Poor. It was established in the year 2000 and registered as an NGO in 2003. Since then, it has been regular in its goal. In order to respond the 2015 earthquake, HNN has actively been working with its partners within Kathmandu Valley. In this process, HNN in partnership with Action Aid Nepal (AAIN) has been implementing Community Led-Reconstruction Program (CLRP) in Kathmandu Valley. Under this project HNN in partnership with AAIN is constructing Bani Bilas Secondary School at Chapagaun of Godawari Municipality. HNN invites application for the following position:
Position: Site-Assistant -2 nos.
Qualification: Diploma in civil engineering in recognized university of Nepal.
Experience: Two years experienced in the construction field. Sound understanding of drawing and interface between different object and system.
Skill: Ability to oversee and manage a large construction team comprising people of various caliber. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skill.
Reports to: Senior Site In charge
Position Status: Full Time, field based.
Salary: As per the institution’s rule
Duration: 8 months (Nov 2017 – Jun 2018 -fixed term)
Purpose: To assist the Senior Site In charge in providing leadership to oversee the school construction and retrofitting works, so that it fulfills CLRP program’s defined mission and reflects our core values. Providing leadership by fulfilling roles of Overseer, store keeping, quality control, Mentor, Administrator, and Catalyst.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
This is the role of supporting, encouraging and enabling labor to meaningfully engage in the Construction work of the school.
1. To oversee the development and implementation of CLRP-school construction plans (particularly the roles of construction committee, SMC and contractor team; labors and mason) working closely with Senior Site In charge
2. To assist the Senior Site In chargein the supervision and management of construction activitiesand give direction through establishing and clearly communicating vision, goals and plans to leadership to the construction team
3. Enforce the relevant safety rules at site and make sure personal protective equipment are worn as and where required by the on-site staff and workers
4. Attend coordination meetings organized by HNN/AAN and school team and undertake plan of actions thus derived
5. Conduct daily briefing with Senior Site In chargeto follow-up and report on the work progress to anticipate any possible delays with regards to planned tasks and undertake alternative plan
6. Conduct regular inspections and assess the work performance done by all subcontractors
7. Evaluate and resolve any discrepancies and problems arising during construction which affect the quality of works performed
8. Continuously assess the socio-political environment, identify risks and develop alternative plans at all times
9. Connect Senior Site In charge with school construction committee
10. Assist the procurement committee for the purchase of construction materials
11. To motivate and mobilize construction members and labors of the construction team through recognizing individual strengths & gifting, delegating responsibility and maintaining reasonable oversight in conjunction with senior site in charge.
Experienced, qualified and interested candidate are requested to apply for the said position along with scanned copies of documents including a pp size photograph, proves of experience, citizenship certificate, updated cv with two references and academic certificates ; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to the selection process. Application received after the deadline will not be considered.
Deadline: 28 November, 2017