TITLE: Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Lead
REPORTS TO: Program Director
LOCATION : Thailand/Asia
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Leadfor an anticipatedUSAID Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (CEP-NTD), Sub-element 2A Asia.
The HSS Lead is considered “key personnel” responsible for overall strategic direction for mainstreaming NTDs into national health and planning country systems and ensuring that programs are designed towards achieving national NTD goals.
The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
The Applicant must meet or exceed the qualifications listed below:
• Minimum of a master’s degree in public health, international development, public policy,
or related field;
• A minimum of ten years’ global and in-country experience in implementation of health
systems strengthening programs and/or policy reform preferably addressing cross-sector
• Demonstrated experience in implementing robust HSS programs in a developing
country context, with technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: policy
reform, service coverage, workforce alignment and/or related areas of health system
• Demonstrated capacity to operate within the HSS community and function as a leader on
diverse matters related to HSS in developing countries;
• Demonstrated experience implementing HSS programs that incorporate non-health sector
and/or multi-health sector programs;
• Demonstrated management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills;
• Full professional proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communications
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior
• Government personnel, international organizations, NGO partners, host country
governments, and U.S. Government Agencies.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to APROProposal@fhi360.org.