Terms of Reference
for Supply of Technical and Managerial Services to Promote Vegetable Value Chain Enterprise in Bhaktapur
(Published date: 1st December, 2017)
HomeNet Nepal (HNN) is a Membership Based Organization (MBO) of various forms of working with poor from both urban and rural areas of the country which is governed by them with the trust and voices of thousands of working poor in a Bottom to Top Structure. It works with vision to improve the living of every form of working poor through facilitating them to acquire better livelihood in the informal sector by bringing them and their contribution into the mainstream national economy and ultimately ending poverty of them.
HNN aims to advance the living of the poor especially from urban areas of the country. It has its set of objectives in its constitution and in its long-term Strategic Plan also. HNN has been specific while choosing issues for implementation. To meet its set goal targeting livelihood and recognition of working poor, it works in four fronts namely; visibility and Voice of working, Livelihood promotion and Social Security, Capacity building and linkage development.
To meet its objectives, HNN works in partnership with various organizations and collaborates with stakeholders in different areas of work. HNN is an implementing partner for Oxfam in Nepal’s Enterprise Development Programme, where it aims to capacitate 100 farmers of Gundu, Bhaktapur in Integrated Farming Technology for vegetable farming in the first phase. It seeks consultancy services from organizations, having expertise in modern vegetable farming technology, to supply managerial and technical services for promoting vegetable value chain enterprises by supplying Integrated Vegetable Farming Technology package for 100 farmers in Gundu, Bhaktapur.
Objectives of the Assignment:
Objectives of this consultancy services is to capacitate 100 farmers of Gundu, Bhaktapur in Integrated Vegetable Farming Technology, that includes construction of 50 greenhouses, capacity building of 100 farmers in soil testing, soil preparation, vegetable farming, organic pesticide preparation, record keeping, supply chain management of vegetables, use of mobile apps in agriculture and supply of regular extension services to these farmers.
Scope of the service:
The consultancy service provider will have to work in Gundu and surrounding area of Bhaktapur district in regular consultation with HomeNet Nepal to meet the objectives of Enterprise Development Programme of Oxfam in Nepal.
• Construction of 50 greenhouses in Gundu and surrounding areas of Bhaktapur district along with drip irrigation technology.
• Capacity building of 100 farmers in Gundu and surrounding areas of Bhaktapur district in Vegetable Farming under greenhouses by providing trainings on Soil Testing, Soil Preparation, Compost preparation, organic pesticides preparation, farm record keeping and Crop Management
• Supply of regular extension services to 100 farmers throughagriculture technicians to increase production and productivity of vegetables.
• Market guarantee and supply chain management of 64.5 tons of vegetable by the end of March 2018.
Duration of start and completion:
The consultancy service is expected to start from first week of December till March 2018 with following deadlines:
• Construction of 50 greenhouses- by 10th of March 2018
• Capacity building of 100 farmers in Gundu and surrounding area of Bhaktapur district in Vegetable Farming under greenhouses by providing trainings on Soil Testing, Soil Preparation, Compost preparation, organic pesticides preparation, farm record keeping and Crop Management- by 10thof March 2018.
• Provide extension services to 100 farmers -throughout the period.
• Market guarantee and supply chain management of 64.5 tons of vegetable by the end of 20th of March 2018.
Documents for submission:
VAT registration and Tax clearance certificate
Payment for this consultancy service will be made in three instalments; first instalment upon signing consultancy 40% of total service cost, 40% upon the submission of first report with milestones i.e. construction of 40 greenhouses and providing training to 80 farmers and last instalment of 20% will be paid upon completion of the assigned task and the submission of full assignment report as per these Terms of reference with full satisfaction evaluated by hiring manager.
Qualification of the Consulting Organization
The consulting organization should have two years of experience on vegetable farming in greenhouses and managing supply chain of vegetable. It should have enough evidence of providing market guarantee of vegetable to the farmers i.e. selling through own outlets or B2B marketing of vegetables. Similarly, the organization should have enough staffs to build the capacity of farmers and provide regular extension services to the farmers.
Interested and qualified forms can send their quotation along with updated profile on or before 8th December, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be called for selection process.