FHI 360, an international NGO, is currently recruiting highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for the USAID-funded Civil Society: Mutual Accountability Project (CS:MAP) in Nepal as Advocacy Advisor.
Advocacy Advisor – Based in Kathmandu (with frequent visit to program districts)
The Advocacy Advisor is responsible for the project’s plan for engaging the Government of Nepal (GON) and advancing policy and institutional reforms and enforcement at the sub-national and national level through advocacy efforts. CS:MAP advocacy efforts will focus on advocacy to advance public interest that promotes civil society credibility; and advocacy for strengthening civil society. The Advocacy Advisor will work for timely execution of activities under CS:MAP to streamline overall advocacy efforts by the CS:MAP partners at the national level and in 34 districts. Streamlining advocacy efforts includes supporting the partners in selecting issues for advocacy, designing advocacy strategies, endorsing advocacy plans from civil society coalitions and implementing these plans effectively at the local level.
• Provide technical support to CS:MAP team in implementing the project’s plan for engaging the Government of Nepal, and advancing policy and institutional reforms and enforcement at the sub-national and national-level through effective policy advocacy
• Generate knowledge materials on advocacy as a part of technical support to CS:MAP in improving civil society and media capacity for effective public policy advocacy
• Support CS:MAP and its team in disseminating findings of oversight functions and link these findings as evidences for advocacy plans/strategies prepared by CS:MAP partners
• Support CS:MAP in generating, analyzing and using evidence for advocacy
• Assist CS:MAP and its partners in connecting local level issues of advocacy with federal and provincial networks/coalitions for policy level advocacy so that these issues are heard at provincial/federal levels; And, liaise with relevant national and sub-national civil society coalitions to develop and implement advocacy campaigns at national level with the evidences from the local level
• Build the capacity of CS:MAP partners to develop and implement locally relevant advocacy strategies that promote civic engagement; And, support ISO partners in their advocacy related capacity building activities for local partners in coordination with CS:MAP Governance Advisor and Capacity Building Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred; Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in designing and implementing advocacy agenda, and policy reform activities is required
• Excellent understanding of advocacy reform and policymaking processes
• Solid knowledge of the Nepalese civil society sector is required
• Demonstrated experience working and building relationships with government officials at the national and sub-national level
• Preference given to candidates who demonstrate prior experience with policy analysis, research, advocacy, social accountability mechanisms, and gender equality and social inclusion
• Knowledge of USAID regulations is preferable
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with diverse and multidisciplinary teams
• Oral and written fluency in English and Nepali required
• Proficiency in other local languages is highly desired
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. April 10, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.