FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for the USAID-funded Civil Society: Mutual Accountability Project (CS:MAP) in Nepal as Development Communication Specialist.
Development Communication Specialist
Development Communication Specialist is responsible for the timely execution of activities under CS:MAP for strategical planning, managing, and producing materials for documentation, knowledge management and dissemination in the field in line with the communications strategy. The position is also responsible for internal and external communications and media monitoring.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Development Communication Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead the overall communications strategy and plan for CS:MAP.
• Develop engaging and informative communication materials (i.e. success stories, program summaries, thought leadership pieces, newsletters, etc.). Assist the project staff and partners to do likewise to write and document lessons learned and success stories from the field.
• Link the program’s outreach and communication materials to USAID, Government of Nepal, and relevant third-party platforms.
• Assist the program’s thematic implementation of activities by developing Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials and local media campaigns.
• Ensure that M&E data and performance results can be shared with and used by the senior management team for the continuous improvement of CS:MAP.
• Provide leadership in the implementation of the Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) strategy, including innovative ways to encourage development, dissemination and use of KML products that apply to all project objectives.
• Work closely with other CS:MAP team members and partners to ensure that the KML strategy is being implemented in the field at an optimal quality.
• Work closely with CS:MAP M&E team to develop an appropriate information learning and sharing platform.
• Prepare a standard information package on CS:MAP activities that can be shared with visitors and media as required. Contribute to organizing media awareness campaigns, media and/or donor visits to program sites.
• Update or develop user-friendly CS:MAP communications outreach and visibility materials in-line with the program’s approved USAID Branding and Marking Plan to ensure brand clarity, and its understanding is maintained at beneficiary, donor and organizational, as well as the general public level.
• Support the capacity building of the project staff in communication skills through the design and delivery of formal trainings and ongoing support/mentoring.
• Ensure targeted, coherent and consistent messages from all CS:MAP staff and partners.
• Collect project related information for internal audiences, prepare responses to requests from USAID and government and ensure publications are regularly posted and accessible.
• Ensure proper integration of GESI aspects into sector specific program planning and implementation working closely with the GESI Advisor.
• Master’s level degree with at least 3 years work experience or bachelor’s level degree with at least 5 years work experience in a related field of development and/or communication in any national or international organization.
• Desirable – A minimum of one year demonstrated successful experience in public relations, communications, or related field, is preferred.
• Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision and manage high volume work flow with multiple tasks.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships among media representatives, local NGO partners and project staff.
• Knowledge of USAID branding and marking requirements and production policies.
• Ability to creatively craft information messages in various media formats targeting a variety of audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Nepali.
• Strong team player, resourceful and ability to work with Nepalese and expatriates.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
For above position, strong experiences on gender equality and social inclusion, including work experience with youth, women, Dalit, Janajati, and Madhesi groups will be an asset.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. May 23, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.