FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for The Fleming Fund Country Grant for Nepal (FFCGN) for tackling antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in Nepal funded by the UK Government through Department of Health and Social Service and managed by Mott MacDonald – the Fleming Fund Management Agent and implemented by FHI 360 Nepal in collaboration with the Antimicrobial Resistance Containment Multi-sectoral Steering Committee (AMRMSC) for the position of Senior Technical Specialist- Animal Health.
Senior Technical Specialist – Animal Health
The Senior Technical Specialist – Animal Health will be responsible for activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/antimicrobial use (AMU) surveillance in animals.
• Provide technical assistance to collect, assemble, and review data related to AMR and AMU patterns in animals (e.g., AMR trends for the zoonotic bacteria/antibiotic combinations in broiler and layer populations).
• Provide technical assistance /participate in animal health investigations (e.g. source, antibiotic use, and spread of infection).
• Provide technical assistance /participate in mapping/investigating/assessing antibiotic distribution and use in food livestock.
• Provide technical assistance for assessments and improvements of Central Veterinary Laboratory (CVL), microbiology laboratories/surveillance sites for animal health.
• Provide technical assistance for sample collection, coordination, and transport.
• Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to CVL and animal AMR/AMU surveillance sites.
• Support Senior Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance to establish and make functional Animal AMR/AMU technical working group (TWG). Provide support to conduct and participate in Animal AMR/AMU TWG meeting.
• Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to Animal AMR/AMU TWG quarterly and annually.
• Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in animal science or other relevant subject with 8 years of experience in animal health, animal science, animal production, veterinary technology, or a related area or Masters’ degree with 5 years of similar experience is considered equivalent.
• Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist is preferred.
• Livestock management (e.g., nutrition, care, treatment, and health) with an emphasis on poultry.
• Biosafety and biosecurity and how to apply principles.
• Ability to communicate and coordinate with livestock producers and animal industry stakeholders.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment.
• Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes.
• AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs (strongly preferred).
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. February 10, 2020.
This is the local position so only Nepali Citizens are eligible to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.