Asian Academy for Peace Research and Development is a Kathmandu-based not-for-profit peace building organization. Asian Academy engages with local, national and international peace and development actors, particularly including youth, women, marginalized groups, political actors, civil society organisations and local government actors. Asian Academy currently implementing the project “Proactive youth in fostering social cohesion in divided communities” with the partnership of German partner organization Kurve Wustrow, we are looking for‚ Program Officer to work in the project at Kathmandu office of Asian Academy for Peace, Research and development for the project period of 2020.
Program Officer – Based in Kathmandu: (Fix Term March 1- Dec 31, 2020)
As a program officer you will work closely with management of Asian Academy for Peace, Research and development.
• Youth mobilization for social harmony and social cohesion
• Prepare and facilitate trainings/workshops and development of training material regarding nonviolent conflict transformation and nonviolent action for local actors
• Support in organizing campaigns, advocacy initiatives and mediation activities
• Support for the research activities
• Support district partner to implement the project activities in the field.
• Monitor of the project and provide strategic input for better result to the district partner. Documentation of the project achievements and progress.
• Prepare progress report for organization and donor
• Where necessary maintaining public relation and networking activities in Nepal
• Performing other project related activities as agreed with the organization.
• Master’s degree in Social Science preferably in peace building and conflict transformation (preferred)
• Working experience in any development project for at least two years.
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation desirable
• Prior experience of working in a research team is desirable.
• Very good knowledge and understanding of conflict and peace building context in Nepal
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Nepali
• Excellent knowledge to use computers including office package and Excel
• Experience of facilitation
Please send your application documents in English including updated curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate for this position. Application must reach to Asian Academy for peace, Research and Development by 26 February , 2020 with the subject ‘Application for Program Officer to: email@example.com
Final deadline for application is 26 February 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.