Children-Women in Social Service and Human Rights (CWISH), a non-profit organization, established in 1993 with an aim to ensure social justice, protection and promotion of human rights especially the rights of children, invites applications for the post of Participatory Action Researcher from interested eligible candidates (Nepali citizens only) who are reliable, accountable, and have ability to deliver results with highest level of integrity.
Position: Participatory Action Researcher
Required No: 1
Work Station: Kathmandu
• Master’s Degree in Sociology/Social Sciences/Development Studies or related field.
• Minimum five years of demonstrated work experience in research and working with hidden or vulnerable populations.
• Training and experience in action research desirable.
• Experience with working in the Adult Entertainment Sector desirable.
• Strong participatory facilitation skills and familiarity with a range of participatory process tools and approaches.
• Experience and knowledge of safeguarding and risk assessment with vulnerable and marginal groups.
• Experience in research methods, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
• Good understanding of the realities faced by children in the worst forms of child labour and those who are vulnerable to being drawn into it.
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial attitude.
• Excellent spoken and written English and Nepali.
• Process design and facilitation of Action Research groups and other participatory processes.
• Designing participatory methods for different stakeholders groups within the broadly defined action research process.
• Coordination and quality control over the documentation of the participatory research such that it meets programmatic needs.
• Assess support needs (language, support for disabled people etc.) in relation to participatory processes with the Country Coordinator.
• Regular reporting on the action research and participatory processes in line with the programme’s MEL framework – in collaboration with the MEL focal point.
Applications and deadlines:
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Qualified candidates are requested to email the following documents to CWISH at firstname.lastname@example.org
-A cover letter
-An updated CV with recent passport size photo
-A brief approach paper of no more than two pages outlining the status of children in the worst forms of child labour in Nepal with a specific focus on children in the Adult Entertainment Sector.
• The application deadline for this position is 18:00 hrs, 26 March 2020.
• Please click the link below to see or download Job Description of Participatory Action Researcher:
Interview and Presentations:
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview and a short presentation.
CWISH reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case; all applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality.