CWISH is a non-profit Human Rights Organization working to uphold the rights of children youth and women for more than two decades in Nepal. Its operation in the grassroots level are for complementary services & capacity buildings of different communities and collaborating with different stakeholders for advocacy and institutional development. In this context, CWISH is urgently looking for the following positions for the effective implementation of several projects for protecting and promoting the rights of children in Nepali. Potential applicants are encouraged to drop their updated CV along with cover letter mentioning their expected salary via email: email@example.com by 13th June 2018
Position: Program Manager
Education & Qualification:
• Masters Degree in Management / Sociology / Social Work / Development Studies or relevant area
• At least 5 years of experience in relevant field
• Able to communicate in English and Nepali fluently in both written and oral.
• Have skills of professional writing and management skills
• Sound knowledge on Child Rights and relevant thematic area; Child Protection, Education, Family Empowerment
The Programme Manager leads the Programme section of CWISH and is responsible for developing and managing programmes including quality delivery and communication of the programme outcomes. S/He also manages the organisational resources and prepares basis for resource planning. The Programme Manager reports directly to the Executive Director. Specific roles include, but not limited to as follows:
• Ensure that all project activities are implemented as planned in the project document and as outlined in the detail implementation plan prepared in collaboration with the Thematic Coordinators. Provide guidance to the Thematic Coordinator and officers including support staff to implement projects and program activities effectively and achieve the expected results.
• Prepare an overall M&E framework and facilitate the Thematic Coordinators to develop project specific plans and ensure that they are implemented/followed-up by the central and field offices; provide inputs and required support for their effective implementation and addressing challenges in case of any.
• Ensure that the project results are delivered as envisaged in the project document that is on time, within the budget and with the quality required. Recommend and facilitate in case the projects/programmes need to be redesigned or accommodated with the newer needs.
• Ensure that all projects have addressed the cross cutting issues (governance, gender and environment) and the operational procedures are fully compliant to the operational procedures and policies.
• Prepare quarterly review plans in line with the annual plans; provide guidance, and managerial support to the thematic coordinators and officers to implement the quarterly plans.
• Consolidate the periodic progress reports of different programmes (quarterly, half yearly and annual) for the submission to different donors and programme updates to the CWISH Board.
• Together with the Thematic Coordinators prepare a yearly Capacity Development (CD) plan for the programme staff and facilitate for the execution of CD plans and carryout participatory performance assessments and execute the performance based incentives as authorized by the CWISH Board.
• Support the Executive Director in developing fundraising strategies and take initiatives to approach donors and collaborators for generating funding/having collaboration for the purpose of attaining the vision, mission and objectives of the organisation.
• Ensure that the project outcomes are evaluated as established in the project document and the best practices and project learning are used to advance existing project/programmes or to initiate new project ideas and programmes.
• Continuously review the project/program to look at their contribution to the strategic priority / plans of CWISH; facilitate to make project ideas / proposals coherent to the strategic priorities and periodic plans.
Communication and Coordination
• Ensure that the communication/visibility requirements of donors and CWISH are fully complied; collaborate with communication officer to disseminate the output/outcomes.
• Ensure effective follow-up of the evaluations/Baseline/Research carried out by CWISH, document the results and project outcomes; and disseminate as planned in the communication strategy/plan.
• Follow-up for the implementation of in-house and external communication plan. Orient at least every six months to the team members on the communication strategies/plans and actions; document the outcomes of the communication actions.
• Participate in different Network/forums/stakeholders to disseminate the CWISH objectives/achievements/ research + evaluation findings and project outcomes; bringing back the knowledge related to priorities/ trends and other actors involved in the CWISH priority sectors.
• Providing at least monthly updates about the activities and results of the on going programmes to the Executive Director, who also works as a Spokesperson of the organization.
• Coordinate at least on quarterly basis with relevant governmental and nongovernment stakeholders for the academic and programmatic discourse to communicate the thematic issues, plans and programs of the CWISH.
Other Duties and Activities
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the EBR/CWISH Board and Executive Director.