The Story Kitchen (TSK) is a not for profit distributing company registered in September 2012 under the Companies Act, 2006 Nepal. We envision a society, where every woman’s voice is heard, her existence is accepted, her work is accounted, and her contribution is valued. Our mission is to create a safe space for herstories and amplify the experiences of women in our history. We are driven by the passionate belief that sharing and listening to the stories of those who are silenced, can build the movement and it helps to ignite social change. In short, TSK is a space to amplify Herstory.
TSK invites application from qualified Nepali citizens for the following position:
Post Title: Program Officer (PO)
Duration: One year with possible extension
Duty Station: TSK Kathmandu Office with frequent field visits
In close coordination with and under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer (SPO), the Program Officer (PO) will take the lead in achieving the goal and objectives of The Story Kitchen (TSK). The PO will take lead in developing TSK’s database system and its effective execution. The PO will be directly responsible for the collection and documentation of the stories, processing, organizing, curation, archiving and analysis of those stories. The PO will support the SPO in meeting reporting requirements, serving as the database focal person for all activities of TSK.
• Applicants will have a bachelor’s degree in any faculty with 3 years of work experience or intermediate level education with 5 years of work experience in the similar field.
• The applicants must have sound knowledge and skills on research, data analysis and communication.
• The applicants should have sound knowledge and skills on the usages of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft word.
• The applicants must have a good command of both Nepali and English language oral and written both including Nepali typing.
• The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the challenges Nepalese women face and the creative vision to address these challenges effectively. They will have a good understanding of the ongoing Transitional Justice (TJ) process in Nepal and the history of Nepal’s 10 years long armed conflict.
• Good knowledge and skills in audio editing would add the value.
Applications consisting of a cover letter, including salary expectations recent Curriculum Vitae with at least two references and contact information must be sent to the following email address mentioning the name of the position in the email subject line. The deadline to submit the application is 30 April 2019.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Telephone calls will not be entertained.
The Story Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer.