Vacancy Details :
DidiBahini is a Nepali non-governmental development organization working in the areas of gender, education, human rights, peace building and social justice, having strategic focus on promoting lifelong learning, peace building and equitable and sustainable development. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable, and disadvantaged groups of people.
We are currently looking for qualified, committed, and motivated candidates to fill in the following positions. We offer good opportunities for working, learning and sharing within the dynamic team of DidiBahini.
Project Coordinator (Kathmandu based with frequent field visit)
• Minimum of 5 years management experience in INGO/NGO, preferably in similar position
• Master’s degree in Education/ Development Studies/ Social and Gender related field
• Demonstrated ability to manage a series of complex, new and on-going activities, as well as provide leadership in a congenial team environment, community and resource mobilization
• Fluent in English and Nepali languages ( both written and spoken) knowledge of other local languages will be added value
• Good computer knowledge
• High degree of integrity and amiable disposition desirable in building appropriate internal and external relationships.
• Ensure the day to day management of the program and project activities.
• Ensure that the project outputs are achieved as identified in the Project Document
• Facilitate coordination between field staff, local/district partners, and partners at national level.
• Liaise with the government officials, national, regional, and international partners, and stakeholders in the planning and management of the project and other project related activities.
• Coordinate the planning and organization of workshops and meetings, field visits, research studies or other activities related to the implementation of the project.
• Be responsible for making key decisions and problem solving, in short time frame while ensuring operational and programmatic integrity.
• Supervise the interns and volunteers
• Prepare regular work plans, budgets and reports of the programme activities;
• Initiate resource generation and mobilization for sustainability of the program and projects
• Perform any other duties, as required by the organization
Key competencies required
• Experience of working with INGOs/NGOs/CBOs and networks;
• Good understanding of issues related to education, human rights, gender, social equity , peace , climate / environment and governance;
• Result oriented, skills of RBM, ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain deadlines and a good team player;
• Fluency in Nepali and English, both written and oral;
• Proficiency in using office application software, ability to produce, understands and analyzes standard database reports and efficiency in using communication applications.
• Experience in project planning, implementation, management, and prioritizing tasks.
• Strong communications, coordinating and report writing skills..
• A sound track record of designing and delivering programs (trainings, workshops, seminars, conferences, and campaigns)
• Ability to work independently or as a team player.
• Sound Report writing skill in English and Nepali.
• Very Good computer skill (Excel, PPT, Word, email/internet)
The salary and benefits shall be as per organization’s rules. Interested candidates should send their application along with updated CV (with detailed contact number and address of at least 2 referees) through e-mail email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to DidiBahini before 5 pm of 7 June, 2019. Applications from Women, Dalits and other Disadvantaged Groups are highly encouraged.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy.