FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for LINKAGES Nepal Project as Project Manager. LINKAGES Nepal is part of the global LINKAGES Project, USAID and PEPFAR’s flagship project addressing HIV prevention, care and treatment among key populations.
The Project Manager will assist LINKAGES Nepal Project Director in oversight of the program and technical resources for the LINKAGES Nepal Project. The Project Manager, under the guidance and support from the Project Director, will provide technical leadership for program design, planning, implementation, monitoring; ensuring quality; strategic behavioral communication (SBC), and strategic information (SI) for LINKAGES Nepal Project activities.
• Review, ensure and provide support for timely implementation of LINKAGES Nepal Project implementation plan, strategies and approaches, performance monitoring and evaluation plan (PMEP), environment mitigation and monitoring plan (EMMP) with high quality
• Manage the development of sub-agreements, contracts, amendments and annual work plans including activities, budgets and implementation plans and monitor subprojects to ensure that implementation is conducted in a timely and technically sound manner
• Review and ensure that sub-agreements, contracts and amendment documents meet the program and technical requirements and maintain quality assurance before execution by LINKAGES Nepal Project Director
• Prepare program reports (such as monthly/quarterly/annual/end of project), briefs and other communication and reporting requirements for FHI 360, donors, and Government of Nepal.
• Ensure that all programmatic reporting is accurate, timely and meets LINKAGES Project, FHI 360 and donor requirements
• Provide support and guidance to ensure that country program and subproject work plan activities are conducted as planned, targets and technical requirements are met, and deliverables completed in accordance with requirements, and are as per the national guidelines and project’s standard operating procedures
• Support LINKAGES Nepal Project Director to ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations from LINKAGES HQ in timely manner, and to ensure LINKAGES Nepal’s technical quality, expertise and contribution is shared widely with HQ, donors, Government and collaborating partners
• Keep updated on state-of-the-art global technical advancements in public health, continuum of HIV prevention, care, support and treatment services and research to apply to ongoing LINKAGES Nepal Project activities
• Facilitate and ensure supportive supervision and monitoring are regularly planned and implemented and ensure issues and actions identified from the supervision visits are shared and addressed in time
• Provide oversight to supervise the day-to-day work of the Program, Technical, SBC, M&E/strategic information unit’s activities including coordination with Contract & Grants, and Administration units
• Review project’s progress tracking on regular basis and ensure that the project’s achievements are on track. Ensure routine project data are regularly analyzed, visualized and used for program improvement
• Ensure capacity building needs of IAs are assessed and capacity building activities are planned, implemented and monitored
• Work with relevant LINKAGES Nepal Project and FHI 360 staff for communications and public relations to coordinate publications, documentation and dissemination of LINKAGES Nepal Project activities, successes, good practices and lessons learned
• Ensure effective management and monitoring of program through field visits, regular LINKAGES Nepal program and technical team meetings, reporting out meeting, annual and quarterly work plan meetings
• Perform other LINKAGES Nepal Project-related duties as assigned by the LINKAGES Nepal Project Director or FHI 360 Nepal Country Director
• Masters’ degree or its international equivalent in public health, management, social science or other relevant fields
• Five to seven years of experience managing large, complex HIV service delivery projects among key populations together with leading the development of technical innovations
• Solid experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO) – preferably with a focus on HIV prevention, care, support and treatment service delivery among key populations and PLHIV
• Demonstrated leadership in building and sustaining positive working relationships and partnerships with NGOs and partners
• Proven track record of increasing responsibility to oversee all aspects of USAID/PEPFAR-funded projects, including financial, human resource, compliance and quality assurance components
• Demonstrated experience negotiating annual work plans and directing teams to complete objectives/activities on time within budget while meeting high quality standards
• Exceptional communication and relationship management skills with a range of stakeholders
• Track record in innovation, information and communication technology (ICT) and quality service delivery
• Excellent problem solving, program management and implementation skills
• Maturity and ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and tight deadlines
• Ability to travel to the field 20-30 percent of the time
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. April 10, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.