(Re-advertisement Date: February 28, 2019)
FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for the position of Senior Family Planning Officer (Compliance and Monitoring) for Suaahara II (Good Nutrition) Program (Suaahara II) in Nepal.
Senior Family Planning Officer (Compliance and Monitoring):
The Senior Family Planning (FP) Officer (Compliance and Monitoring) will spearhead all compliance and service delivery monitoring related to FP under FHI 360’s activities for Suaahara II. The person will be responsible for ensuring quality, informed choice, referrals and USAID’s FP compliance requirements in the Government of Nepal (GoN) and other relevant service delivery points. This position will be responsible for assisting all FP related project activities under Suaahara II. Similarly, this position will also provide technical support for strengthening the monitoring mechanism of FP compliance with USG Abortion and FP Requirements across Suaahara II program districts.
• Take lead in ensuring that the Compliance Plan for USAID’s Statutory and Policy Requirements is adhered to in all project implemented integrated nutrition activities including FP.
• Ensure all FP compliance processes including training, orientation and monitoring in GoN and other relevant service delivery points are met.
• Develop yearly training and monitoring plan for FP compliance for both the GoN and partners organizations.
• Conduct training and orientations on US Abortion and FP Requirements for Suaahara II staff including staff from partner organizations and GoN as needed.
• Lead tracking and monitoring of FP compliance in all project implemented/supported FP activities within the integrated nutrition program in coordination with Suaahara II consortium partners.
• Ensure that USG abortion and FP requirements are adhered to for all FP related IEC materials, job aids, guidelines, training curriculum and standard operating procedures.
• Maintain the FP compliance file in the Suaahara consortium office at center inclusive of all FP compliance requirements such as reports from trainings and orientations; checklists and monitoring reports etc.
• Work with FP Advisor to provide FP program related technical assistance under Suaahara II program.
• Support FP Advisor to use QA approaches to measure and monitor the quality of FP services being provided.
• Assist FP Advisor to assess the technical capacity of FP service providers and help for their capacity enhancement in providing quality FP services.
• Regularly monitor the compliance requirements and provide feedback for improved program performance.
• Monitor the quality and utilization of FP related training activities.
• Contribute to prepare FP related technical reports and document best practices and lessons learnt.
• Contribute for technical updates on FP.
• Contribute in the development and revision of necessary IEC materials, job aids, guidelines and training curriculum.
• Work closely with SBCC team at Suaahara II to develop, review and refine FP related SBC materials.
• Represent Suaahara II in the center and provincial level meetings/workshops among the GoN officials, key stakeholders and partners including USAID partners FP team meetings and FP Sub-Committee meeting led by the Family Welfare Division.
• Master’s in public health or social sciences with three years of minimum work experience in public health program or Bachelor’s in public health or social sciences with minimum five years of relevant experience.
• Strong technical knowledge in FP service delivery and USG Abortion and FP Requirements.
• Previous experience of working for FP programs in Nepal including FP compliance related work preferred.
• Ability to work independently and multi-tasks with limited supervision.
• Excellent oral and written English skills required.
• Ability to interact with partner organizations, representatives from other USAID-supported FP programs and Government stakeholders.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. March 10, 2019. Those who have applied previously need not apply again.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.