The Story Kitchen (TSK) is a not for profit distributing company registered in September 2012 under the Companies Act, 2006 Nepal. We envision a society, where every woman’s voice is heard, her existence is accepted, her work is accounted, and her contribution is valued. Our mission is to create a safe space for herstories and amplify the experiences of women in our history. We are driven by the passionate belief that sharing and listening to the stories of women can build the movement and it helps to ignite social change. In short, TSK is a space to amplify Herstory.
In the last 4 years, TSK has been working with women survivors of Nepal’s 10-years long armed conflict utilizing storytelling as a truth-telling approach. TSK has been working with women conflict survivors’ networks in different districts of Nepal to strengthen their capacity to initiate and lead community-based memory work. In 2019, TSK will be joining hands with women survivors on the ground to work with them so that they can make their voice collective for justice.
If you are willing to take leadership in this challenging and exciting work, TSK invites you to apply for the position of Senior Program Officer (SPO). Below are the Terms of Reference for this position:
Post Title: Senior Program Officer (SPO)
Duration: One year with possible extension
Duty Station: TSK Kathmandu Office with frequent field visits
In close coordination with and under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the SPO will take the lead in achieving the goal and objectives of The Story Kitchen (TSK). The SPO is responsible for ensuring high quality implementation of the programs and good documentation of the project activities and results. S/he will also be responsible in supervising and providing mentoring to the other team members in effective management of on-going projects for The Story Kitchen. S/he will provide specific inputs in the area of business development, resource mobilization for TSK, as per the need.
Some major responsibilities of the SPO will include:
- Taking the lead in managing TSK’s project related to the empowerment of women survivors of armed conflict and community-based memory work in terms of quality control and budget management, monitoring and evaluation, liaison with the collaborating agency, and timely reporting on its progress.
- Supporting and mentoring district level women conflict survivors’ groups.
- Providing regular guidance and mentorship on collecting, updating and editing the stories of women conflict survivors.
- Work closely with the CEO in organizing and archiving stories.
- Organizing Events and Trainings as per the need of the organization,
- Promoting TSK across a variety of social media networks, in close coordination with the CEO,
- Developing training content and designing training plans required for the project,
- Facilitating trainings related to gender equality, Women’s empowerment, Peace Building, Transitional Justice, narrative approaches etc.
- Provide support in any organizational development or programming issues that may arise or any other matters that may require this position’s support.
• Applicant will have a Masters’ Degree in Peace Building and Conflict Management/Gender Studies/ Sociology/ Anthropology faculty with at least three years of work experience in similar responsibility OR a bachelor’s degree (same faculty as above) with 5 years of work experience in the similar responsibility.
• The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the challenges Nepalese women face and the creative vision to address these challenges effectively. They will have a good understanding of the ongoing Transitional Justice (TJ) process in Nepal and the history of Nepal’s 10 years long armed conflict.
• The applicant must have good command of both Nepali and English language (written and spoken). Research and analysis skills would be an added value.
• S/he will be a good facilitator, inspiring leader, and passionate advocate for women’s rights. S/he should have a passionate belief in The Story Kitchen’s vision and mission.
• Good knowledge and skills of media related work would be an added value.
Applications consisting of a cover letter, including salary expectations recent Curriculum Vitae with at least two references and contact information must be sent to the following email address mentioning the name of the position in the email subject line. The deadline to submit the application is 30 April 2019.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Telephone calls will not be entertained.
The Story Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer.