|Title of the position||Team Leader (TL)|
|Location||Kathmandu based and travel to project districts|
|Published date:||29 December 2019|
|Application deadline||6 January, 2020|
|Starting Date||As soon as possible|
|Duration of contract||Two and half year (in a yearly renewal basis)|
|Reports to||Chief Executive Officer (CEO)|
The Story Kitchen (TSK) is a not for profit distributing company registered in September 2012 under the Companies Act, 2006 Nepal. We envision a society, where every woman’s voice is heard, her existence is accepted, her work is accounted, and her contribution is valued. Our mission is to create a safe space for herstories and amplify the experiences of women in our history. We are driven by the passionate belief that sharing and listening to the stories of women can build the movement and it helps to ignite social change. In short, TSK is a space to amplify Herstory.
In the last 5 years, TSK has been working with women victims and survivors of Nepal’s 10-years long armed conflict utilizing storytelling as a truth-telling approach. Building on the previous success, TSK is expanding its work through SAHAS for Justice 2.0 project with funding support from European Commission’s European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) Country Based Support Scheme (CBSS) in Nepal. The project aims to support women victims and survivors of Nepal’s 10-years long armed conflict and strengthen the holistic capacity to enable them to amplify their voice for justice.
If you are willing to take leadership in this challenging and exciting work, TSK invites you to apply for the position of Team Leader (TL). Below are the Terms of Reference for this position:
A) Major Responsibilities
In close coordination with and strategic guidance from the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Team Leader (TL) will take the lead in achieving the goal and objectives of SAHAS for Justice 2.0 Project. The TL will be responsible for the overall implementation of the project in partnership with consortium partners providing visionary strategic leadership, expertise and ensuring high level quality implementation of the programs in close coordination with the funding agency and networking with concerned stakeholders. S/He/O will also be responsible in supervising and providing mentorship to the other team members for the effective and timely management of the project activities.
Some major responsibilities of the TL will include:
• Lead to ensure strong coordination with consortium partners for smooth implementation of project activities.
• Support and provide guidance to the consortium partners to implement activities as per the action plan.
• Ensure project outcomes as quality results required by the programme.
• Develop and implement project schedule within set budgets and scope.
• Provide a key co-ordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
• Develop Project Implementation Operational guideline to ensure the consistency in project management.
• Develop activity Implementation guideline and ensure the privacy and confidentiality of the people participated in the project activities.
• Identify problems and suggest corrective action concerning programmatic issues.
• Ensure capacity building of staff for effective implementation of project activities.
• Identify opportunities for institutionalization of project approaches in collaboration with the local authorities and other stakeholders.
• Ensure that the cross-cutting programmatic themes are addressed in all activities, with specific emphasis on Gender Equality, Social Inclusion along with intersectionality.
• Support in development of IEC/BCC materials related to the project
- Capacity Building, Supervision and Monitoring
• Provides technical expertise in capacity building on project related thematic issue, storytelling, institutional strengthening, leadership enhancing and network strengthening.
• Provide technical and mentoring support along with supervision of the team members and consortium partner team members as per the need.
• Monitor activities to assure that the action is implemented and fund utilized in accordance with the contract and guidelines of Contracting Authority.
• Develop guidelines and field-based tools for monitoring and evaluation of the project.
• Track/monitor progress against planned activities in order to meet the overall goal of the project.
• Review project document and reports provided by consortium partners to ensure that technical quality is ensured.
• Be responsible for arranging input/data from consortium Partners for reporting on project development activities.
• Work closely with the Senior Program Officer, Knowledge Management and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer to monitor program inputs and analyze progress against the proposed outputs.
• Take lead in induction meeting, bi-annual reviews and coordinate for timely donor reporting.
- Communication and Reporting:
• Ensure Donor communications and reporting as and when required and as per the grant compliance.
• Develop reports based on the formats of Contracting Authority and TSK.
• Analyze periodic technical and financial reports in terms of results achieved, constraints and problems.
• Provide technical assistance and advice in reshaping strategies and recommend corrective actions for greater effectiveness in the implementation of annual work plan.
• Document experiences, lessons learnt, best practices, replicable strategies/ approaches and support in knowledge management.
- Coordination, Representation and Liaison:
• Coordinate with relevant Government Agencies, Different Conflict Victims’ Associations and other relevant stakeholders
• Build effective working relationships with project stakeholders, engaging them at each project implementation stage and ensure effective communications at all levels.
• Anticipate project risks and issues, communicating them to stakeholders, taking action to resolve them.
• Strengthen partnerships with other I/NGOs that are active in the project area to maximize synergies and achieve outcome and impact across the project area with particular emphasis on analyzing and exchanging best practices.
• Represent TSK in different forums when and as applicable.
- Financial Management
• Have full financial responsibility for ensuring that the action is implemented in accordance with the contract.
• Manage project financial budgets and targets, providing accurate and timely information on expenditure.
• Be accountable for project funds, oversee the preparation and monitoring of budgets, and management of cash flow.
• Ensure timely release of fund to the consortium partners for the implementation of planned activities.
• Maintain overview of all project expenditures and consolidate the financial report in cooperation with the finance and Admin Coordinator in the format provided by contracting authority.
• Ensure full compliance of Contracting Authority and TSK’s Financial Management Policy.
• Conduct field visits as and when required.
• Provide support in developing the training manuals.
• Facilitate different workshops and trainings as per the requirement.
• Organize various events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the line manager.
B) Required qualifications, knowledge and experience:
• Applicant will have a Masters’ Degree in Management, along with post graduate degree in women’s studies/ gender studies with at least three years of work experience in similar position/responsibility along with extensive work experience with women in rural/ remote communities.
• Extensive knowledge and skills of consortium partner management is essential along with budget management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to plan/budget/manage program components, analyze data, and write reports.
• Demonstrated facilitation and coordination skills, especially with the concerned government institutions, donor agencies and a range of stakeholders.
• Experience of facilitating trainings related to gender equality, Women’s empowerment, Peace Building, Transitional Justice, narrative approaches etc.
• The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the challenges Nepalese women face and the creative vision to address these challenges effectively. They will have a good understanding of the ongoing Transitional Justice (TJ) process in Nepal and the history of Nepal’s 10 years long armed conflict.
• The working knowledge and experience on storytelling would be essential for the visioning and better understanding of the project core.
• The applicant must have good command of both Nepali and English language (written and spoken). Research and analysis skills would be an added value.
• S/he will be a good facilitator, inspiring leader, and passionate advocate for women’s rights. S/he should have a passionate belief in The Story Kitchen’s vision and mission.
• Good knowledge and skills of media related work would be an added value.
The application should consist the following documents:
1) A cover letter, including salary expectations and possible date of joining.
2) A recent Curriculum Vitae with at least two reference name and contact information.
The application document must be sent to the following email address mentioning the name of the position in the email subject line. The deadline to submit the application is 6 January 2020.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Telephone calls will not be entertained.
The Story Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer.